About the job
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) – the leading destination for innovative management thinking. We reach lifelong learners to improve the practice of management in a changing world. This mission inspires each of us to unlock the leader in everyone – including you!
The Learning Solutions Architect (SA) is a member of the Design Services in the Service Delivery function, part of Harvard Business Publishing Corporate Learning. The SA role reports to the Director of Design Services. The SA leverages advanced knowledge and expertise in instructional design, understanding of leadership development, learning methodologies and uses the breadth of HBP content and offerings to provide solution design and development support to clients teams.
As part of the Design Services, the SA collaborates with Principal Learning Partners and Engagement Managers as a lead design and development SME and utilizes the same to create customer centric learning experiences. The SA is adept at leading independent design and curation projects. The job responsibilities shall include the following:
- Works with the client teams post-sale to advise on available content, activities, and assets that could be leveraged in detailed designs for client solutions.
- Adept at independently managing a design project end to end.
- Creates impactful digital and blended modules and experiences with appropriate client customization and contextualization.
- Displays detail- orientation to meet the required quality standards in client deliverables.
- Adept at building solutions from the stage of storyboard to final design and development.
- Works effectively with clients to work through the needs-identification, review and finalization process.
Innovation and Efficiency
- Proactively identifies ways of elevating learning experiences- building application exercises, custom niche designs, researching emerging big ideas, etc.
- Drives reuse of existing solution designs in new scenarios to reduce development time and increase the profitability of engagements.
- Supports launch of new offerings and priority content by creating reference designs and helping with the training of our client engagement teams on those offerings.
- Has the ability to reimagine solutions and designs to constantly add value to changing client contexts.
Collaborate and communicate
- Works effectively with PLP, Digital Learning Specialists and RM’s to meet client requirements.
- Displays intellectual fortitude wrt. HBP’s know-how, content and frameworks.